News

Bunyips chip in for worthy cause

by
April 19, 2017

Vice President Trevor West and Treasurer Ray Crellin handing over the $750 cheque to, Jeanette Kline, secretary Cohuna Lions Club and Cohuna Bridge to Bridge committee.

LEITCHVILLE Bunyip Sporting Club took part in the recent Cohuna Bridge to Bridge charity event organised by the Cohuna Lions Club.

As a long time supporter of the event, the Bunyips provided a barbecue breakfast for patrons and visitors on the Sunday morning.

The Bunyips have been raising valuable funds to donate to the community and this year raised $750 through the Bridge to Bridge triathlon. Vice president Trevor West and treasurer Ray Crellin handed over the cheque to Jeanette Kline, secretary of the Cohuna Lions Club and Bridge to Bridge committee.

This year’s donation will be divided between the Cohuna Hospital and Royal Children’s Hospital with 75 per cent of funds going to designated projects at the Cohuna Hospital and the remaining 25 per cent to the Royal Children’s Hospital.

The Bunyips have been raising money to donate to community organisations for 55 years.

Such funds have assisted a wide range of groups such as the Cohuna Aged Care, Cohuna Hospital, Ambulance service, the Cohuna Chaplaincy as well as various primary and secondary schools.

By
More in Riverine Herald
Login Sign Up

Dummy text