News

Report of measles here still unconfirmed

by
October 07, 2017

On September 19, Echuca East Primary School put out an alert that it had a reported case of measles, however a Victorian Health Department spokesperson said it had not been notified.

A REPORTED case of measles at an Echuca school has not been added to the list of 11 confirmed Victorian cases.

On September 19, Echuca East Primary School put out an alert that it had a reported case of measles, however a Victorian Health Department spokesperson said it had not been notified.

According to the health department, the last notified case of measles in Campaspe Shire was in 2015.

The number of cases in Victoria’s measles outbreak had risen to 11 with four more confirmations over the weekend.

The cases were linked to the Collins Square building in Collins St, Docklands, which houses commercial offices and a retail space.

Other cases have been linked to the AFL preliminary final at the MCG last weekend, Melbourne train stations and Melbourne Airport.

Chief health officer Professor Charles Guest said people who worked in or around those areas, or other identified places where those infected with the illness had been during their infectious period, needed to be aware of the symptoms of the disease, which included a runny nose, red eyes and a cough, followed by a fever and a rash.

By
More in Riverine Herald
Login Sign Up

Dummy text