News

Moama gas leak

by
February 09, 2018

Moama Fire and Rescue firefighters Nick Dobell and Phil Masters.

Emergency services have blocked off part of Chanter St in Moama following a gas leak.

Police and Moama Fire and Rescue were called to the property at 1.04pm after a contractor installing a pool struck a gas line with a pick.

"We have contained the area and crimped the line closed and are just waiting for the gas company to fix it," firefighter Nick Dobell said.

"The ground was marked so I am guessing he dialed before digging, but it's not always 100 per cent accurate. These things happen sometimes."

The natural gas leak did not pose any danger to the public, he said.

The gas company arrived about half an hour later to fix the leak.

Police re-directed traffic for about an hour.

By
More in Riverine Herald
Login Sign Up

Dummy text