THIRTEEN people attended the recent Bring-Your-Bill Day at Barrack Reserve, facilitated by Advance Heathcote Inc and supported by the Heathcote and District Community Bank.
Colin Lambie spent 15 minutes with each attendee to see if they could find a cheaper electricity supplier.
Some 70 per cent of people were successful in finding a cheaper supplier. The remaining 30 per cent were already on the best deal.
It was calculated that each person who changed suppliers will save between $100 and $400 per annum. Collectively this represents an annual saving of $1800.
Two people signed up on the day for the Victorian government solar rebate scheme, with Bendigo Sustainability Group offering further support.
Anyone who would like assistance with their electricity bills or solar enquiries can join Bendigo Sustainability Group for $30 or concession $15 a year.
For details visit www.bsg.org.au.