Wolf Creek star John Jarratt will have to wait until July next year to try to clear his name over a historical rape allegation following a delay by prosecutors.
The 66-year-old actor is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a house in Randwick, in Sydney's eastern suburbs, in September 1976.
He has strenuously denied the claim and was due to enter a plea at Downing Centre District Court on Friday.
But the judge was told prosecutors wouldn't be ready to serve the indictment until 2019.
The actor - best known for his lead role as Mick Taylor in the film series Wolf Creek and its TV spinoff - will now be arraigned on February 1.
A five-day trial has been set from July 1.
Jarratt pleaded not guilty in Downing Centre Local Court last week.
Lawyer Bryan Wrench previously told a local court "nothing less than a not guilty verdict" at trial will satisfy his client, who has also hosted TV shows Better Homes and Gardens, and Play School and appeared in cult classic Picnic at Hanging Rock.
The District Court was told on Friday the charge certification sheet hadn't been prepared, with the prosecutor speculating it could be because many staff were taking leave over the December-January period.
"I'm very disappointed the Crown is not ready," Judge Helen Symes said.
"I hope none of those crowns want to be judges one day because we aren't taking leave."
Setting a trial date can waive automatic sentence discounts available to an accused even if they plead guilty before that trial is heard.
Mr Wench told the court the actor was "absolutely" aware of those risks.
Jarratt said nothing to reporters as he left the court building.