STAGE three COVID-19 restrictions have closed gyms in regional Victoria.
But Shannon Finke from Echuca’s FitMob says that shouldn’t mean training stops.
Which is why he has delivered a simple workout suitable for beginners to fitness fanatics that can be completed three to five times per week.
Shannon said beginners should try to get through two rounds, while those more experienced should do three and people keen to push themselves should do as many as they can manage.
And the best part is it should only take between 30 and 45 minutes.
Shannon encouraged those who do not enjoy the workout to try an hour walk or 30-minute run which can include sprints, jogging or interval training.
“Variety is the best way to continue motivating yourself to exercise,” Shannon said.
Push ups (10)
- Ensure your hands are directly under your shoulders.
- Keep your hips down and brings chest down to the ground before pushing back up.
- Place your elbows under your shoulders.
- Put your bum down and squeeze your stomach. Keep looking at your hands.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Place your feet shoulder width apart, ensuring you are putting weight through your heels.
- Put your arms out in front of you for balance.
Walking lunges (10)
- Step with one leg in front of you and place the other leg on a right angle.
- Keep your chest tall.
- Place your legs out in front of you, with your hands on the edge of a flat, elevated surface.
- For beginners, the option is there to bring your feet closer in.
Mountain climbers (10)
- Put yourself in the push up position.
- Bring your knee up to your opposite elbow.
- Drop down to a frog position and then push your legs out and bringing your chest to the ground.
- Push yourself up from the ground and jump up.
More local news