THE Moama Echuca Border Raiders’ juniors could be back in action as soon as this weekend.
Plans remain on track for the Bendigo Amateur Soccer League to start its junior competition after Football Victoria released an update of its Return to Play conditions last week.
Last month, competition officials announced they were targeting a start date of July 4 for juniors and July 26 for seniors.
“It's a significant step closer to playing games. The updated information outlines all requirements for clubs in terms of what is required of them for the season,” BASL president Aaron Shooter told the Bendigo Advertiser.
“We now have a better vision and understanding of what game-day will look like under the required guidelines.”
Shooter said the ability to step out on the field was going to be more important than ever.
“This is a real chance to celebrate the core values of our soccer community and all of us coming back together under truly trying circumstances,” he said.
“It's not going to be a traditional season but it's an opportunity to get back together and focus on what we love about the game.
“Season goals for different clubs might be realigned back to simply just getting people of all ages back out playing the game.
“And in a way this is an opportunity to really test community strength.
“Being able to play is a great celebration in itself.”
Under the restrictions, spectator gatherings at venues are restricted to 10 people, with social distancing rules to be followed.
Border Raiders junior fixtures - July 4
Under 12A v Eaglehawk at Jack Eddy Oval, 10am.
Under 14A v Castlemaine Gold at Jack Eddy Oval, 11.40am.
Under 16A v Golden City at Shadforth, 10.50am.
More local sport news