No “good coffee” sees fine for woman in Bayside area | Daily breachesBy McPherson Media Group
Throughout the past 24 hours Victoria Police issued a total of 195 fines to individuals for breaching the Chief Health Officer directions, including:
- 21 for failing to wear a face covering when leaving home for one of the four approved reasons
- 21 at vehicle checkpoints
- 60 for curfew breaches
- 10,302 vehicles checked at the vehicle checkpoints
- Conducted 2986 spot checks on people at homes, businesses and public places across the state (total of 356,375 spot checks conducted since 21 March).
Examples from the past 24 hours of breaches include:
- A vehicle travelling through the Little River checkpoint with four passengers on board all from different households in the Wyndham area. They stated they were going to visit a friend in Newcomb.
- A group of five friends at gathering at a residential address in Bendigo, only two people could provide evidence of residing at the address.
- A woman driving in the Bayside area outside the 5km radius from her home. She stated she was not aware of the 5km restriction and was getting a coffee as there was “no good coffee in her area.”